What is the fastetst transfer rate that Lumia 730 can support on sd card?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

What is the fastetst transfer rate that lumia 730 can support on sd card

In the market there are UHS-I U1 and U3 cards. is it worth investing on faster cards if the card reader on lumia 730 supports no more than 30/mbs

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: What is the fastetst transfer rate that lumia 730 can support on sd card

The 730 supports - microSD, microSDHC, microSDXC

Meaning from regular to the fastest transfer rates. Unfortunately I can't find anything about UHS.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

You can use "hardware Test" app from the windows store. One of the tests is the write speed on SD. But you need to put a sd card in your phone. So you can only test the card of you have it.
In the past I used a class 4 SD card in my 820 and when I captured video it really lagged compared with internal memory. But with a class 10 card there was no lag. So I guess a "normal" class 10 is fast enough. I also noticed that if I copy data on the class 10 card (sd card in phone and connected with a usb to my computer) it was much slower than if I got the sd card out my phone and put it in my computer and than copied data.

Veett

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

In my experience those speed test apps found from market are really poor. Test results varies so much that it doesnt make any sense. So those apps are prolly using some kind poorly implemented method to test write/read speeds. It actually gave lower speeds for Samsung Pro which is super fast(rated +90MB/s) than Sandisk Ultra(~30MB/s)

But I noticed difference between Sandisk Ultra (up to 30MB/S) vs Samsung Evo (48MB/s) when transferred ~20Gb of apps from phone memory -> sd card. With Sandisk that took _ages_ to complete but Samsung Evo did it noticeable faster. Samsung Pro didnt give any benefit beyond Samsung Evo so I guess that the line is somewhere between them.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

I agree with you about the speedtest apps. The Hardwaare Test is also saying that it may not be correct.
Copying data on cards as you did is better to get an idea about the speed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital