How do I remove my camera from my Lumia 525 completely?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I want to remove my camera from my Lumia 525 completely.

My company does not allow camera phones but if one removes camera from the phone, they can bring in the mobile phone. I am thinking of removing my Camera from Lumia 525.. however I am worried if sometime later I leave my job and put back the camera.. will it work fine.??? what sort of problems can i face..???

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: I want to remove my camera from my Lumia 525 completely.

My company does not allow camera phones but if one removes camera from the phone, they can bring in the mobile phone. I am thinking of removing my Camera from Lumia 525.. however I am worried if sometime later I leave my job and put back the camera.. will it work fine.??? what sort of problems can i face..???

I think putting black tape over the camera should do. Taking out the camera is the fastest way to voided warranty-Ville as well as, well, loads of other hardware issues. But thats just my opinion

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I think putting black tape over the camera should do. Taking out the camera is the fastest way to voided warranty-Ville as well as, well, loads of other hardware issues. But thats just my opinion

I've worked security at facilities that have this policy - i.e.: Homeland Security Port designated locations.

​Tape over the lens is not acceptable and would lead to confiscation of the item at the entry point.

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

Yea... I suggest you get a random phone without camera. Just swap SIMs or better still, use a separate SIM when you are not in your company.

When you need the camera, or other features, just swap it back into the phone.

Makm

May 15, 2014
Visit site

Don't you guys understand this guy is just trolling with us. Why are you guys even responding. Its not the first time he tried to troll us. His every forums are filled with unusual/unnecessary questions.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Don't you guys understand this guy is just trolling with us. Why are you guys even responding. Its not the first time he tried to troll us. His every forums are filled with unusual/unnecessary questions.

What Guy??? It's an unregistered guest question. There are millions of users on the Mobile Nations forums asking these questions... It is not just one individual.

​And this is a real-world problem I have experienced.

Makm

May 15, 2014
Visit site

What Guy??? It's an unregistered guest question. There are millions of users on the Mobile Nations forums asking these questions... It is not just one individual.

​And this is a real-world problem I have experienced.

Hmm. I didn't know that. I thought 'Windows Central Question' was someone's registered name. My mistake. But the reason why I said that was whenever I saw a question from 'Windows Central Question' most of the time it seemed like a joke to me, the questions were quite silly. But anyway sorry for going off topic. Carry on guys. I'm outta here. Peace.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That depends on the design of the phone, the camera might be easily removed, but I wont know without checking a teardown.

So if its removed, I hope the phone won't miss the camera. Its possible the phone will complain, but I dont think so.

I remember there being a camera-less version of the Handspring/Palm Treo 600 just for this situation. My dad once had a Palm m500 where they required reflective tape over the IR port.

but either way you'll have to open the phone, and if you're comfortable with that, worth a try.

But I'd consider getting a random throwaway camera-less phone for work too. (or one that is easier to butcher)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon