How do I sign in & prevent it moving all My Documents to OneDrive folder

Bignose2

May 29, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

With ref my previous post (rant) where OneDrive installation moved all my documents files under OneDrive Folder causing lots of problems.

I unlinked and finally go back to normal but decided I would like manual access to my 1tb of storage.

I want to sign in & have access to files of my choosing by simply copying to that the onedrive local folder to sync to the cloud.
As soon as I sign in it tries to move all My Documents again, no choice or options.

How can I re-link/sign-in Onedrive & stop it trying to sync/move.

Not sure if from the previous install or just what it does but I signed in to my account, it asked for location of files, fortunately I put on a different drive, D.

There was no chance to choose which files/folders or uncheck Desktop/Picture/Documents.

I say fortunately I chose D because it seems it was trying to move all my files over again. I had all the folder structure set up in the OneDrive Local Folder on D but no files as it complained that it was not on the same drive & stopped so thankfully it did not screw everything up again.(actually leads me to another question, why can the onedrive folder be on D, C is a small SSD would prefer to copy the large files & backups onto D to be mirrored on the cloud)

Sorry, rather a rambling post again.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

With ref my previous post (rant) where OneDrive installation moved all my documents files under OneDrive Folder causing lots of problems.

I unlinked and finally go back to normal but decided I would like manual access to my 1tb of storage.

I want to sign in & have access to files of my choosing by simply copying to that the onedrive local folder to sync to the cloud.
As soon as I sign in it tries to move all My Documents again, no choice or options.

How can I re-link/sign-in Onedrive & stop it trying to sync/move.

Not sure if from the previous install or just what it does but I signed in to my account, it asked for location of files, fortunately I put on a different drive, D.

There was no chance to choose which files/folders or uncheck Desktop/Picture/Documents.

I say fortunately I chose D because it seems it was trying to move all my files over again. I had all the folder structure set up in the OneDrive Local Folder on D but no files as it complained that it was not on the same drive & stopped so thankfully it did not screw everything up again.(actually leads me to another question, why can the onedrive folder be on D, C is a small SSD would prefer to copy the large files & backups onto D to be mirrored on the cloud)

Sorry, rather a rambling post again.

Did you change the base location of the OneDrive folder first?

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/move-onedrive-folder

Doing that, and moving the folder to where you want it to be, should stop it syncing your Documents folder.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa