01-30-2015 03:20 AM
33 12
tools
    Lumia Denim update seeding for Lumia devices on Preview for Developers
    Last edited by Ragupathi; 12-24-2014 at 05:33 AM.
    12-24-2014 05:05 AM
    The guy that wrote the article knows zero about the PFD program. PFD only updates the OS version. It has never, and never will update the firmware. Denim is firmware and is specific to each phone.

All phones will get Denim but what it adds to each model will be different depending on the hardware of the phone.
    ???! It clearly states that most will get it.
    12-24-2014 05:17 AM
    I don't get why the thread topic says "No denim for pfd" when even the article clearly states pfd users are receiving the update.
    12-24-2014 05:17 AM
    Wasn't just me then lol
    aximtreo, Athull and Harrie-S like this.
    12-24-2014 05:23 AM
    Al least it got my attention. So good title.
    12-24-2014 05:33 AM
    Okay now he changed the topic to "no denim for low end models"?

What's wrong with u? Just bcos they didn't start the roll out for all models yet it doesn't mean they are being left out.
    Besides please stop making misleading thread topics without a solid article to backup ur claims...
    arifdanials and palmujukka like this.
    12-24-2014 07:02 AM

In the article, it said 'Other developer preview devices such as Lumia 520, Lumia 620, Lumia 625, Lumia 530 and Lumia 720 will not get the update.' This is obviously wrong and false as there is still no official statement from Microsoft about this matter. Why should 'low-end Lumia models' on developers' preview not receive Denim when the ones without Developers' Preview are? Smh at that article lol
    12-25-2014 11:59 AM
    In the article, it said 'Other developer preview devices such as Lumia 520, Lumia 620, Lumia 625, Lumia 530 and Lumia 720 will not get the update.' This is obviously wrong and false as there is still no official statement from Microsoft about this matter. Why should 'low-end Lumia models' on developers' preview not receive Denim when the ones without Developers' Preview are? Smh at that article lol
    He's right. If you think of Denim as firmware, then he's right. Low-end devices don't get denim
    12-25-2014 12:00 PM
    He's right. If you think of Denim as firmware, then he's right. Low-end devices don't get denim

What do you mean?
    12-25-2014 12:08 PM
    What do you mean?
    If you view Denim as a firmware update, low end Lumias didn't get firmware updates this round. Just the OS update. In that sense, they didn't get denim
    12-25-2014 01:09 PM
    If you view Denim as a firmware update, low end Lumias didn't get firmware updates this round. Just the OS update. In that sense, they didn't get denim
    Older, not low end... E.g. 920 was flagship but only OS update to denim.

Only recent phones have the firmware update to add low level features.

This is actually great as Microsoft can push OS updates much quicker this way.
    12-25-2014 01:43 PM
    Older, not low end... E.g. 920 was flagship but only OS update to denim.

Only recent phones have the firmware update to add low level features.

This is actually great as Microsoft can push OS updates much quicker this way.
    We haven't seen the 920/820/925 Denim updates yet to judge. And the 928 and 822 didn't get independent Cyan firmware for us to judge
    palmujukka likes this.
    12-25-2014 02:44 PM
    Yes the low end models didn't get "hey cortana" and the new camera features but that doesn't mean they didnt get denim.
    People need to understand that the whole point of a new firmware update is to optimize the hardware of the phone for the new Os version which is exactly what all Lumias received with denim.
    Ebuka Allison likes this.
    12-25-2014 10:41 PM
    The guy that wrote the article knows zero about the PFD program. PFD only updates the OS version. It has never, and never will update the firmware. Denim is firmware and is specific to each phone.

All phones will get Denim but what it adds to each model will be different depending on the hardware of the phone.
    12-25-2014 10:59 PM
    Yes the low end models didn't get "hey cortana" and the new camera features but that doesn't mean they didnt get denim.
    People need to understand that the whole point of a new firmware update is to optimize the hardware of the phone for the new Os version which is exactly what all Lumias received with denim.
    Do you think I don't know all that? I'm saying that they literally DO NOT receive any firmware updates. I have one and I can verify. Also, check the availability site and compare firmware build numbers of Denim vs Cyan phones. See if you find it strange that Denim and Cyan apparently have the exact same build numbers
    12-26-2014 03:26 AM
    This is wrong. For low-end devices, Denim is an OS update only
    12-26-2014 03:27 AM
    Also, check the availability site and compare firmware build numbers of Denim vs Cyan phones. See if you find it strange that Denim and Cyan apparently have the exact same build numbers
    I did wonder about this. I have a Lumia 720 using DP and my firmware number matches the availability site Denim number even though I definitely haven't installed Denim. Extras+Info on my phone says I'm on Denim, but I thought that was a bug.
    12-26-2014 03:44 AM
    What about the 1020 will it get it
    12-26-2014 04:41 AM
    This is wrong. For low-end devices, Denim is an OS update only
    I stand corrected :)
    Did check MS site and yes firmware before and after denim are the same.
    Its quite bizarre though.
    12-26-2014 11:12 AM
    Also, check the availability site and compare firmware build numbers of Denim vs Cyan phones. See if you find it strange that Denim and Cyan apparently have the exact same build numbers
    So they just recompiled Cyan with a new name? That shouldn't be possible.
    Besides, even if older phones don't get all the new features, they should at least get some driver updates for the hardware... It's never a bad time to iron out bugs to improve battery...
    12-26-2014 11:20 AM
    So they just recompiled Cyan with a new name? That shouldn't be possible.
    Besides, even if older phones don't get all the new features, they should at least get some driver updates for the hardware... It's never a bad time to iron out bugs to improve battery...
    They didn't recompile cyan. They simply didn't update the firmware at all.
    12-26-2014 12:52 PM
    What about high end mobile s uk 930
    12-26-2014 12:56 PM
    Jst received an update on my lumia 535 ..by untik predev
    12-26-2014 01:05 PM
    Jst received an update on my lumia 535 ..by untik predev

Go oooo od news 📰
    12-26-2014 01:13 PM
    They didn't recompile cyan. They simply didn't update the firmware at all.
    Then how can the OS tell apart Cyan and Denim? If there is 0 change to firmware, the OS will keep reading it as Cyan.
    This should become a thread by itself. If there are literally zero changes in firmware, then what was all the hype about? MS is just trying to keep the community satisfied by pushing updates that aren't really updates.
    12-26-2014 09:33 PM
33 12