Why can't I download apps/games?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Why can't I download apps/games

I have the huawei w1 (straight talk) and each time I try to download an app/game it says "you've reached the storage limit on your phone. go free up some space, then try again."I have 1.30gb free and the game i try to download is 828mb. Please help!!!

wpfan1995

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why can't I download apps/games

The app/game that you wish to download must have additional data which will be downloaded after the game is installed on your phone.
If you have latest OS update i.e (Windows Phone 8.1+) then you can download/save the game on your phone MicroSDCard.

plot_almighty

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site

Windows has strange ideas on your storage. I suggest getting to about 1.5-1.75GB of storage free for a file that big. Otherwise it will continue to tell you this. Alternatively, you can go to Storage Sense and see what's taking up space where and get rid of unneeded files. WP might be allocating most of that left over space for SMS/MMS storage or for space to put update installs.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site

You need 3.5 to 4 times the download size for the install space of an app. The app install package is compressed and it needs more space when it installs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa