How to delete other storage in microSD storage, because "other" storage in Phone can be 0?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Other storage in my MicroSD was bigger than my apps. but other storage on my phone still 0, so was on temporary files. it's lumia denim bug? or what?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to delete other storage in microSD storage, because "other" storage in Phone can be 0?

The thing with the microSD card is that apart from the apps, you can actually take full control of the data management there.

So, you can either format the thing or manage it from the Files app.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to delete other storage in microSD storage, because "other" storage in Phone can be 0?

Your SD card may not be fully indexed. Other is just a catch-all title for things not marked as specific type. I.E.: App, Music, Video, Pictures, etc.

Before deleting the Other on your SD card, you may want to find out what data is being stored there!!! Try using this App on your Windows 8 or higher PC: https://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/how-to/wp8/windows-phone-app-for-desktop I have found that by connecting to PC and running this App on Desktop it forces the phone to reexamine the contents of the SD card and your Other category might shrink while some extra goes into the appropriate folders by type...

Also see this Wiki... Even though it concentrates on internal storage there is some great material here. How to free storage memory on Windows Phone - Wiki

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3