[L535] I want a good camera app?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

i have bought recently new lumia 535 mobile and its camera app lumia camera is very very bad i want to the app names only camera which is available in my old lumia 525 mobile

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
How is it bad?

The default Camera is quite speedy, I recommend it if you don't care so much about manual controls.

ProShot is also a fine solution, albeit very advanced. (but not too intimidating)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Your rear camera on the 535 is pretty bare bones and slim on features. It may not be the App so much as what you are expecting from a budget model.

I'd say the Microsoft Camera App (just Camera in your App list) would be the one most optimized for your hardware as it is part of the Firmware. (From your post it kind of sounds like you can't find Camera App? If not, try SysApp Pusher and see if it gets you any legacy Apps like Nokia Smart Cam.)

Another consideration is what do you want out of the camera? Different Apps will have strengths that may not meet your needs and weaknesses for what your shooting style is. You'll have to try a few, most likely, to find one or two that meet different conditions you encounter.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Your rear camera on the 535 is pretty bare bones and slim on features. It may not be the App so much as what you are expecting from a budget model.

I'd say the Microsoft Camera App (just Camera in your App list) would be the one most optimized for your hardware as it is part of the Firmware. (From your post it kind of sounds like you can't find Camera App? If not, try SysApp Pusher and see if it gets you any legacy Apps like Nokia Smart Cam.)

Another consideration is what do you want out of the camera? Different Apps will have strengths that may not meet your needs and weaknesses for what your shooting style is. You'll have to try a few, most likely, to find one or two that meet different conditions you encounter.

Actually, you'd be surprised what the cameras on the low end phones can do. ProShot on my Lumia 635 makes the photos I take really work.

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
My wife has a 535 (next to her Android) as I want to convince her to move. But the 535 does not zoom, I tried to pinch but nothing happens. Neither the MS app nor Lumia Camera. Any thought?

iihimanshu_k

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Check out the 6 snap aap. It's quite decent and results are pretty good with handy experience. Beside it's not too much messy as well. My Lumia 630 also came with no camera apps preloaded after a session with few native apps I am suggesting this one.

Aziz Abdurachman

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Well, for speed (app launch) and simplicity native WP Camera is the best, but here my favorite (in order from which I like more)
1. ProShot: It's the best lens app for more "Pro" (or maybe just "semi-pro") photographer feel, has more than enough feature include HDR, Timelapse, burst and real time filter. It also can process image (saving image) in background while I prepare or doing next shot (WP Camera & Lumia Camera have to wait until image is processed & then saved in order to use camera again).
2. Lumia Camera: Just like ProShot but without HDR, Timelapse & Real Time Filter. Slow in shot-to-shot process.
3. Camera 360 Sight, is like simplified and beginner friendly UI. Relatively fast if compared to Lumia Camera. Default focus is set to infinity (like any other phone with fixed focus camera), so need less time to get quick shot without set a focus (or auto focus) first.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster