Q: Sending SMS as MMS OR Vice-versa

josipogo

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi Folks,
At the New Year Eve while I was wanted to send SMS greetings to my friend and colleague something went wrong. Simply I could not send SMS greetings that has more character than one regular SMS, in my case it was 190 regular english character. After investigating with my carrier day after, we recognize together that by default my Lumia 930 this kind of SMS trying to send as MMS. Not a big issue I said to carrier, please activate MMS for my account. Now, since I have activated MMS under my account, I am decide to resend my greeting message to my folks, but then new problem raises, folks that do not have MMS activated just receive SMS message with message body that is link, that they need to download content 1 kb in size, and that is. They can clicking on it but nothing happening.
Again I was speak with my carrier, I knows them well since I am working with them, and they told me that later on, receiver that do not have MMS activated it can see message via his portal site on carrier web site. Good, I needed to some of my folks educate how they can sign in to their portal and see message. Not big deal, everybody satisfied.
Wrong, I am not satisfied, I want that pure SMS message with more than 160 character be send it as SMS message.
I was looking for that kind of setting on Lumia 930, my wife Lumia 920 (she sending SMS as SMS without any issue, regular, larger does not matter), my kids Lumia 820, 520 (same as with my wife L920).
Since there is no particular setting for changing behavior that makes me crazy, I assume that this carrier own setting. Since I am mentioned that I know people in my carrier would be nice that folks from Windows Central give me some hint what exactly need to be changed and where in registry so that I can request that for them, especially now when they need to build Denim update in following days.
Lumia 930, Cyan, PfD
Lumia 920, Cyan, PfD
Kids Lumias, consumer version.
Cheers.
JosipoGo

Last edited:

josipogo

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Resolved, it seems that issue was related for greetings it self. Since I am copied greeting from Web via IE on Lumia 930 and paste it as message, maybe some formatting was included with copied text. I am constantly forward the same message and that was reason, once when I am hold message and choose copy instead of forward and paste it as message body to same person that previously has issue with opening, this time is receive regular SMS with copied content.
It is resolved but strange behavior during initial copy/paste procedure.
Maybe I was boring, sorry about that, but maybe someone be useful.
Cheers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs