Can you save your start screen setup?

bthomnz

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
can you save your start screen setup .

i have got my start screen looking good but want to fiddle with it but worry that i wont be able to get it back looking the same way.. is there an app that lets you save start screens.

it would be neat to create a few for different occasions...then load them instantly, perhaps you could send one to a different phone...

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: can you save your start screen setup .

Settings > backup > tap on "What gets backed up?"

Under 8.1 and higher, your Start Screen layout does get saved. However, that screenshot record is a good idea too. When it comes to backup, redundancy is good.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

Settings > backup > tap on "What gets backed up?"

Under 8.1 and higher, your Start Screen layout does get saved. However, that screenshot record is a good idea too. When it comes to backup, redundancy is good.

This. The last time I had to restore my phone, it restored all of my tiles exactly where they were when it was backed up. Makes it very easy!

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site

This. The last time I had to restore my phone, it restored all of my tiles exactly where they were when it was backed up. Makes it very easy!
This may work when restoring the same phone. However, it didn't work for me when I went from my old 822 to my current 830. I figured it had something to do with the different amounts of Live tiles rows.

bthomnz

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

so I take it that there is no way of saving start screens... yes i could take a screen shot but as I have a 1520 its quite time consuming to move things around... id love to be able to jump instantly from one to another..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon