Why extras+info won't show the correct update info?

mahvid

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
why extras+info won't show the correct update info?

ever since I got my lumia 520 (march 2014), I've updated it many times (and now the current version is 8.10.14219.341) but extras+info app shows the Amber update each time. I was wondering if anyone has experienced this problem before or knows the answer to it.
thank you in advance.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: why extras+info won't show the correct update info?

That version is Windows OS. Amber is the firmware version, another number.

I'm guessing you are on the Developer Preview to get the OS update but still be running Amber.

You could try the Nokia Recovery Tool to get at least Cyan.

MysticForce

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site

Or other solution. If you use PFD just uncheck "Enable preview for developers" you have in PFD application and Done.
Then check version of WP software. After that if you want check on "Enable preview for developers" again updates on PFD application, just do it.

PFD has issues with WP versions name.

PFD = Preview for developpers

mahvid

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site

Thank you, it worked. I unchecked "Enable preview for developers" and it's showing Lumia Denim now. Is that right? Cause I don't think i'm on Denim. :confused:

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

Thank you, it worked. I unchecked "Enable preview for developers" and it's showing Lumia Denim now. Is that right? Cause I don't think i'm on Denim. :confused:

You probably aren't on Denim. And if it said Amber before, you likely still have Amber.

If you were on the Developers Preview and uncheck from it on any phone except 930/1520 today it shows a fake Denim.

I would still run the Recovery Tool I suggested. Or investigate the other firmware versions more in depth.

Like you, I doubt very much you're on Denim. Denim OS, yes, but not Denim firmware if it said Amber before and no update was applied inbetween.

MysticForce

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site

Well If he uses PDF and do update several times He will get Denim.
I did update from Cyan and I have Denim now and all it's features predicted for my phone :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes