Live tiles

itsmewasim

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
My live tiles is not updating while using cellular data (3G) But it updates automatically when i connect to slow Wi-Fi also.. (whatsapp livetile works perfectly on both cellular and Wi-Fi)

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure then that your mobile data is actually working? Or maybe it's just coincidence and every time background agents kick in you're in an area without connection?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Sorry then I run out off idea's but you could try uninstalling an app and install it again to see if this works and or check in the store, in the review of the app, if more people had this problem.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Sorry then I run out off idea's but you could try uninstalling an app and install it again to see if this works and or check in the store, in the review of the app, if more people had this problem.

I doubt that anything like uninstalling/reinstalling is going to help here. Neither do I believe that other people suffer the same. It's just plain weird that he's getting toast notifications, yet the tile isn't updating when being on a cellular connection. Yet the tiles DO update, when he's using WiFi. That just doesn't make any sense at all.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I doubt that anything like uninstalling/reinstalling is going to help here. Neither do I believe that other people suffer the same. It's just plain weird that he's getting toast notifications, yet the tile isn't updating when being on a cellular connection. Yet the tiles DO update, when he's using WiFi. That just doesn't make any sense at all.

So what is than the solution.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
A hard reset is a "last" option and Itsmewasim should decide if he want to do a hard reset "just" to get the live tiles back.
And also then there is not a 100% guarantee that this will help.

There's never any guarantee. And I agree, that a hard reset should always be the last action to perform, but as he obviously tried everything else, what's left to try? Like I said, this is the strangest issue I've heard of.

Demian Mioc

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi I had the same problem with live tiles and have figured solution!
My live tiles weren't updating, Twitter, translator word of the day etc. I have 2gb month cellular limit in data sense app set, so I went to data sense settings and INCREASED limit to 4gb and guess what!? Above mentioned live tiles are spinning and showing new updates, tweets etc. No hard resets needed.
Hope it helps.
Update: turning on your data plan to unlimited also does the job.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes