When you upgrade from Win7 to Win10 will your programs come forward or will you have to reload them?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

when you upgrade from win7 to win10 will your programs come forward or will you have to reload them.

I have windows 7, If I upgrade to windows 10. The programs that I have on windows 7 will they be added to windows 10 or will I have to reload them.

iTomas

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: when you upgrade from win7 to win10 will your programs come forward or will you have to reload t

I think that's just like reinstalling windows.... you will have to reload the apps. :)

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: when you upgrade from win7 to win10 will your programs come forward or will you have to reload t

It will depend on whether or not you do an upgrade-in-place or a clean install.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site

Don't forget driversupport, it sounds al to great but when you own a older laptop or hardware.....you can face the fact that there are no drivers for it. I have a win 7 laptop, i updated to win 8 and had no problems. But the problem started when i updated to windows 8.1.....no videodrivers :/ so i am back on win 7.

srcpt

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site

More specifically, will Windows Media Center be available and work if I upgrade from 7 to 10. If not, kind of destroys the concept of a media center PC.

Sent using Tapatalk HD

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

I have a win 7 laptop, i updated to win 8 and had no problems. But the problem started when i updated to windows 8.1.....no videodrivers :/ so i am back on win 7.
If its Intel then 8.0 drivers work after disabling driver signing endorsement

srcpt

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site

The folks over at the windows media center forum (thegteenbutton.tv) are not nearly as encouraging about upgrading and keeping media center functionality.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I would recommend not doing an in-place upgrade for Windows. The best install of a new OS is clean install. Then reload your apps. Clean might offer some short term pain but give you a much better experience in the long run..especially when the OS updates come. That is where the pain comes in. Those updates are not exactly interested in co-existence with prior installs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium