How do I hide the notification bar on my Nokia 810?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

how to hide notification bar nokia 810?

when i lock my screen and someone text me it shows on the top everything and what that person text me. i don't like that how can i hide it from showing on lock screen? hide my notification

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: how to hide notification bar nokia 810?

You can also use that screen to set how each app behaves in terms of notifications. So if you don't want to see the text of emails/sms messages, you can turn the banner notification off (that way, you'll still get the little envelope appear to tell you there's something for your attention and you can swipe down to see it if you want).

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

You can also use that screen to set how each app behaves in terms of notifications. So if you don't want to see the text of emails/sms messages, you can turn the banner notification off (that way, you'll still get the little envelope appear to tell you there's something for your attention and you can swipe down to see it if you want).

Doesn't that apply to the entire notification then? I mean it would disable the banner in general, not only for the lockscreen. Or is it possible to set that separately?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

The OP was referring to the text that gets displayed when a notification comes in, so disabling the "banner" setting for those apps will do the job in that instance.

If you want to remove the pull-down, you need to do that in a single, global setting as you indicated. I'm just pointing out that the functionality is flexible.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes