Hi. I think I have replaced my original windows 8.1 64 with a fake one. The scenario of what I did is given below: I purchased a hp laptop with original windows 8.1 64 preinstalled. I download Microsoft office with toolkit from torrent because I did not want to buy ms office. First I installed the office setup.exe as per instructions. Then I opened the Microsoft toolkit. I had no idea how to use it. I pressed the windows logo instead of the office logo. Then I selected windows 8.1 and I clicked activate, backup, check, check status, etc. I had no idea what I was doing. Now I think I replaced my original windows 8.1 64 with a fake one. I cannot update my windows and it is showing error code 8024402F. Please help me on what to do now. I want my original windows back.
    01-26-2015 02:03 AM
    Run the windows trouble shooter.
    Try to set you OS back to a date before you started this "mess".
    Reinstall the recovery back up you made when you got your laptop.
    Run the windows trouble shooter.
    Try to set you OS back to a date before you started this "mess".
    Reinstall the recovery back up you made when you got your laptop.
    Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    01-26-2015 03:00 AM
    Given that most Win 8/8.1 machines store the OS keys on the board rather than on a sticker, pop in your recovery disc, assuming it came with one, and do a factory restore. I also suggest you stick to licensed software as opposed to pirating a developers hard work.

Free Office alternatives include OpenOffice and the Google suite of productivity apps.

I'm also not completely sure, but I think its against the rules to discuss pirated software here, or seek active help on obtaining or setting up said material. Good luck.
    aximtreo likes this.
    01-26-2015 03:02 AM
    [WARNKeep it Legal - Moderators and admins reserve the right to close threads and ban members that post copyrighted and/or illegal materials. These kinds of activities can get us into trouble, and nobody wants that... so just don't do it. If you have questions on this, ask a moderator.][/WARN] Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    aximtreo likes this.
    01-26-2015 03:08 AM