Why am I having wifi problems on my Lumia 1520 WP 8.1 since the Denim update?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

lumia 1520 wp 8.1 wifi connectivity problem after denim update

Right after denim update I started experiencing wifi problems. The phone stops connecting to known or any wifi network anymore. I have to reboot the phone and it works for a day or 2. Then it stops connecting. When I click on a known or new wifi it says connecting then and I get the error cant connect. So I reboot the phone again.

Anyone have an idea ? is it denim related ?

Thank You.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
It's not specific denim related because we did not get many complaints about WiFi problems after denim.
But with updates there is always a possibility that "something" went wrong.
You could consider a hard reset http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/settings-and-personalization/reset-my-phone

Or even better a flash with the Lumia software recovery tool. https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...singleTopic%26topic%3DFA142987&token=VlFr1A2M

But if you flash your ROM (with another country rom) to get denim than that could also be de reason for your problem.

Shane Hughes

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
i'm having exactly the same problem after the denim update on my EE nokia 930. hard reset hasn't helped - in fact i'm now worst off because it won't connect to any wifi and most of my apps need an update after the hard reset and they won't update over my data package :(

anybody else having the same problem?

update: i've just tried the lumia software software recovery tool mentioned above without success

update: just got a message on my phone "Download critical update? connect to wifi as soon as possible to download the update" i wish i could hahaha. maybe its the missing critical update that's causing my wifi connection failure.....

Last edited:

pock8

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: lumia 1520 wp 8.1 wifi connectivity problem after denim update

I also face a problem after the denim update...my phone are running out of battery very fast.. When I checked there is one app called 360(follow by Chinese word) are the reason of this thing.. But when I try to find the app it's not in app list.. But my battery pro detected the app.. What should I do? Pls help me guys..ty

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nehalwadehra