How do i cancel pfd on my Rm-937 lumia 1520?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I had to hard reset my lumia 1520 after theChive app controversy. I was enrolled in pfd, I didn't install nor I downloaded the updates for pfd. My phone is CV and has Hong Kong firmware, when I check the OS build my phone has a more advanced OS number than what is listed on the Lumia denim availability page. Does it mean that my phone still has the pfd updates? (I didn't use the Lumia recovery tool, I simply reset the phone to factory settings.)

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I had to hard reset my lumia 1520 after theChive app controversy. I was enrolled in pfd, I didn't install nor I downloaded the updates for pfd. My phone is CV and has Hong Kong firmware, when I check the OS build my phone has a more advanced OS number than what is listed on the Lumia denim availability page. Does it mean that my phone still has the pfd updates? (I didn't use the Lumia recovery tool, I simply reset the phone to factory settings.)

Indeed your phone still has the pfd updates. With a factory reset you "keep" these updates. Only if you use the lsrt you "go back" to the latest official OS.

hurkanasmaci

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Got the same problem, was thinking about asking this actually! So i also did the same thing, does pfd prevent anything about getting Lumia denim update? And what if it is ended, by Microsoft, will I have to hard reset my phone using lsrt just to get rid of pfd?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Got the same problem, was thinking about asking this actually! So i also did the same thing, does pfd prevent anything about getting Lumia denim update? And what if it is ended, by Microsoft, will I have to hard reset my phone using lsrt just to get rid of pfd?

"does pfd prevent anything about getting Lumia denim update? "

1 If you you still have the preview for developer app and you have the box marked than that prevents (delays) the update to Denim. Just unmarking the box solves this problem.
2 if you where enrolled but did not get all the PFD updates you may get this problem during the denim update.
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/lumia-deni...developer-preview-devices-how-resolve-1482757

"And what if it is ended, by Microsoft, will I have to hard reset my phone using lsrt just to get rid of pfd?"
No

hurkanasmaci

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the answers! Last two questions, I have the app and it is checked, but it stucks on checking updates, it doesn't say whether my phone is up to date or there is new updates, how can I resolve it? And where can I see the os number of the latest pfd update? Currently my build is 8.10.14219.341

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos