media content will not download pictures
    02-09-2015 07:38 AM
    Have to switch to cellular. That's why a lot of us were pulling for the cellular toggle in the past updates.
    RumoredNow and xandros9 like this.
    02-09-2015 07:47 AM
    Or configure your MMS. Most often the phone does this automagically, but, especially with mvnos, it can fail to get set up properly.

Do a web search for "<carrier name>" mms settings" and save the page or copy down the values.

On the phone - go to Settings > cellular + SIM > SIM settings > edit MMS APN and make sure the values match the ones from your search.

IF you have a Verizon phone that is running on another carrier... Verizon may have removed your abilities to alter MMS.

For more help, start an account here and reply in this thread.
    xandros9 likes this.
    02-09-2015 12:39 PM
    Or configure your MMS. Most often the phone does this automagically, but, especially with mvnos, it can fail to get set up properly.

Do a web search for "<carrier name>" mms settings" and save the page or copy down the values.

On the phone - go to Settings > cellular + SIM > SIM settings > edit MMS APN and make sure the values match the ones from your search.

IF you have a Verizon phone that is running on another carrier... Verizon may have removed your abilities to alter MMS.

For more help, start an account here and reply in this thread.
    Will that eliminate having to toggle the cellular all the damn time? I've always wonders how that worked and I still don't.
    02-09-2015 06:24 PM
    Will that eliminate having to toggle the cellular all the damn time? I've always wonders how that worked and I still don't.
    Ya know... I never thought about it, but YES your phone should just use cellular for MMS even though WiFi is on. To test I connected to WiFi and I was able to send and receive MMS. Lumia 1520.3, Official 8.1 + Lumia Cyan, Straight Talk AT&T compatible SIM.

Who is your carrier?
    02-09-2015 07:53 PM
    Ya know... I never thought about it, but YES your phone should just use cellular for MMS even though WiFi is on. To test I connected to WiFi and I was able to send and receive MMS. Lumia 1520.3, Official 8.1 + Lumia Cyan, Straight Talk AT&T compatible SIM.

Who is your carrier?
    Verizon. When on wifi, I still can't retrieve pics or vids via text. I have to switch to cellular download it then switch back to wifi. I have an Icon with PFD 8.1 by the way.
    02-09-2015 09:18 PM
    That seems a bit odd to me. It should work on Vzw even if nowhere else.

Try this? https://apn.gishan.net/settings/767_...lumia_929).php

Or maybe ask at a Verizon store. I know MMS will only go over cellular data, but toggling it every time is ridiculous.
    02-09-2015 09:46 PM
    It's really not working out for me. It doesn't show anything different.
    02-09-2015 10:16 PM