Windows can't detect my USB flash drive

GioFX

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
Hello guys. I'm new here. I have installed Windows 10 on 22 January. It was working good before today. Today, I've put my USB flash drive into port but Windows don't detected it. I have tried all ports, but still same. I also tried other USB flash drive. They are working well, only this one have problem. But when i plug it into PC, lights on USB working (I mean it lights up on red, as usual)

Can anyone help me? Thanks.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Just because you are getting power to the USB drive doesn't mean it's 'working'.

Have you tried the USB in a different PC? If all the others are working and this one isn't, it could be it's not working.

Is it a brand name one or generic?

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
Hello guys. I'm new here. I have installed Windows 10 on 22 January. It was working good before today. Today, I've put my USB flash drive into port but Windows don't detected it. I have tried all ports, but still same. I also tried other USB flash drive. They are working well, only this one have problem. But when i plug it into PC, lights on USB working (I mean it lights up on red, as usual)

Can anyone help me? Thanks.
Try it on a computer running an older version of Windows. It could be corrupted. If another version of Windows recognizes it and asks you to allow it to scan it for errors you should have your answer.

We really need more information. What is the size of the drive. How is it formatted. What type of files are on the drive. Was it used for ReadyBoost or as a boot disk on another PC. Too many variables it could be anything at this point.

GioFX

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
Try it on a computer running an older version of Windows. It could be corrupted. If another version of Windows recognizes it and asks you to allow it to scan it for errors you should have your answer.

We really need more information. What is the size of the drive. How is it formatted. What type of files are on the drive. Was it used for ReadyBoost or as a boot disk on another PC. Too many variables it could be anything at this point.
The size of a drive is 32 GB, there are folders, images, ainrar archives, .exe files...

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
If other drives work on the same port then you can rule out that possibility. I would try it elsewhere, earlier versions of Windows, Mac, Linux, whatever. You should get some type of feedback, other than an acknowledgement of the fact that power is going through it. Could be that it is not getting enough power.

32 GB isn't much. If you can get it working, anywhere, back up that drive and toss it. The price of another 32 GB drive pales in comparison to the price of the information you have on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon