How to move back to Lumia Denim from Windows 10 ?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have Lumia 730 and recently upgraded myself to Windows Phone 10 technical preview. But, it extremely slow and full of bugs .. How to restore back to Lumia Denim ?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have Lumia 730 and recently upgraded myself to Windows Phone 10 technical preview. But, it extremely slow and full of bugs .. How to restore back to Lumia Denim ?

If you do not know how to restore your system to its previous state you should not be installing/Beta testing an image. Please. And I mean this nicely, even if it sounds harsh.

Friends don't let friends bork their phone. :cool:

renjith p george

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
You can use Lumia recovery tool.install the latest version in your pc/laptop and connect youth phone via USB. Phone will be auto detected. Then follow the instructions.
When the recovery app shows that you are running with latest software, hit on the reinstall software button. You are good to go.

Please make sure u install latest version of recovery tool and ur phone should have enough memory and battery. Everything will be erased and hence better to take a back up and also remove ur sd card and do it. Good luck!

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
If you do not know how to restore your system to its previous state you should not be installing/Beta testing an image. Please. And I mean this nicely, even if it sounds harsh.

Friends don't let friends bork their phone. :cool:

What he said ^^^ times a million.

Understand, also, that once you install Windows Phone Recovery Tool, that Lumia Software Recovery Tool breaks (at least it did for me on my Win7 laptop). I explored it no further, since WPRT appears to be more current. However, it appears that WPRT has a very simple (somewhat foolproof) interface, just read the instructions, a few prompts & voila, you're back.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
...Understand, also, that once you install Windows Phone Recovery Tool, that Lumia Software Recovery Tool breaks (at least it did for me on my Win7 laptop)...

Good to know... I almost installed the Windows Phone Recovery Tool today. But now I will wait on that. I have no plans to install WPInsider. I do have plans to use LSRT to install clean copies of Official 8.1.1 + Lumia Denim on 3 devices when released for my models.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
What he said ^^^ times a million.

Understand, also, that once you install Windows Phone Recovery Tool, that Lumia Software Recovery Tool breaks (at least it did for me on my Win7 laptop). I explored it no further, since WPRT appears to be more current. However, it appears that WPRT has a very simple (somewhat foolproof) interface, just read the instructions, a few prompts & voila, you're back.
Both works completely fine on my machine Windows 8.1 and windows 10
Try to reinstall LSRT and see.
p.s: both of them cant be run together at the same time

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Good to know... I almost installed the Windows Phone Recovery Tool today. But now I will wait on that. I have no plans to install WPInsider. I do have plans to use LSRT to install clean copies of Official 8.1.1 + Lumia Denim on 3 devices when released for my models.

It appears WPRT will do the same thing ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett