I study in CBSE . I have been taught C++ in school. But not how to make GUI's . I am really interested to start making Apps for Windows Phone. I am already a fan of the OS platform. Please advise what Progamming languages I should learn to make good apps.
    usman567 and sinime like this.
    02-18-2015 12:50 PM
    I mainly use C#, but you can also code in Java or C++.. Just depends on the project type you pick... Go to http://dev.windows.com < that site has all the resources you will need to get your feet wet... You can set up a free developer account, which is great because you won't have to pay the 1 time dev fee until you have an app ready to publish.

Also on that site is a download link for a free version of Visual Studio, which is what I use for my apps.

Edit I updated the link to the newer link.. MS has kind of combined the windows and Windows phone developer centers.
    I mainly use C#, but you can also code in Java or C++.. Just depends on the project type you pick... Go to http://dev.windows.com < that site has all the resources you will need to get your feet wet... You can set up a free developer account, which is great because you won't have to pay the 1 time dev fee until you have an app ready to publish.

Also on that site is a download link for a free version of Visual Studio, which is what I use for my apps.

Edit I updated the link to the newer link.. MS has kind of combined the windows and Windows phone developer centers.
    Last edited by sinime; 02-18-2015 at 03:43 PM.
    Guytronic and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-18-2015 03:14 PM
    I'm not sure if this is the best resource to share in the world of WP8.1 with Win 10 for phones on the horizon, but here is a free book based on WP7...

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/microsoft_pr...s-petzold.aspx

There have been changes the book doesn't cover, new tile sizes, screen sizes, fast app resume, database tools, etc... But the core of interacting with the interface is still there.

Besides that book, the dev center I linked previously has some good code examples.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-18-2015 04:43 PM
    Thank you and this is good info
    02-18-2015 05:14 PM