Instagram reduces the quality of my photos on iOS. Please help?!?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

So the last couple of days every time that I upload a photo on Instagram the quality is reduced and the photo appears with pixels! When I preview the photo on Instagram the quality is perfect, but right after I post it or after a few hours the quality is much lower.
The size of my images is exactly the same as the images I have been uploading ever since I started using instagram and also the needed size for the pictures to stay in good quality (2048 x 2048)
Also, all my apps (insta and the editing apps, I use VSCOcam) are updated.
I also use a DSLR Camera (Nikon D3100) and iPhone 4s.
I updated my iOS 7 to 8 because i thought that was the problem but nothing changed!

P.S, I had absolutely no problem last week, I have no idea what happened!

What should I do?? It makes me sad that the quality of my photos is all of a sudden reduced cause I really didn't change anything on the way I edit them or in the Settings or sth. I'm confused!

I've been searching EVERYWHERE for an answer and I havent found anything yet so please help me :(

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You're in Windows Central, your question is better suited for iMore, our sister site dedicated to iOS devices.

We may not be the most qualified to answer your question because of that.

Perhaps its adjusting for a slower internet connection or compression used by Instagram?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital