What unlocked windows phones will work with Sprint?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I currently use sprint and I have the Samsung Ativ S Neo. I want to upgrade my phone to a better windows phone, I refuse to use iPhone or android. The only windows phone that they are offering is the Lumia 630, which in reality isn't really an upgrade from what I am using. I was wondering if there was some international phone or another carrier's windows phone that could be unlocked and used at sprint. I can't switch from sprint, 1 because I need the unlimited and 2 because I am in a contract. Do you have any information on this subject? Will the release the htc one with windows? I don't see why there is a lack of support here. Our market can easily support more than 2 operating systems and I believe windows is actually the best, it just lacks the support and apps. So please help me! Thank you.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
the short answer is none.
No unlocked GSM phone will work on Sprint.

Will Sprint see the HTC One for Windows? Probably not. At least, not anytime soon.
Sprint's just not very interested in Windows Phone.

edwardklove

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I know the GSM probably wouldn't work but are there any international phone or the Verizon Lumina icon that would work? I noticed that the icon has the ability to connect to cdma in addition to wcdma that Verizon uses. I'm not sure if it could run the proper LTE bands but if it could I would love to use it. I hate how there is a negative vibe about windows phone. And I know why they don't sell well because when you walk into a Verizon, ATT, tmobile, or sprint store the sellers know nothing about the product and never push WP. It is an ignorance that is displayed at nearly every store and most consumers either dont care enough to find out or just don't even know to ask. It really makes me mad and it is just crushing capitalism and competition. We have them to thank for the lack of developer support on our beloved phones. Everyone either drinks the apple or android cool aid and doesn't know that there is anything else out there, despite windows phone having a better, cleaner, and more intuitive OS. I hope windows 10 will help shed the light on some Lumia products for the unknowing consumer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serdezdezen