how to clear history

have hundred calls to erase one at a time

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
A bit off-topic here...
I have a friend with a new Lumia.
This person is certainly not dumb by any means.

I have to take his phone more than once a month and clear everything off.
He leaves his voice-mail inbox full so that his girlfriend can't get thru.
Never deletes old texts or the call history.
Forgets to close all the (clears throat) NSFW webpages in IE.
Never clears search history from Cortana or the browser.
Never closes open apps (me wife does this also)
Never knew everything he shoots a picture of ends up on OneDrive.
Not to mention if an app quits he abandons it.
Never checks updates.
...on and on.

Goes to show us how many folks just use and aren't really what we might refer to as "enthusiasts"
:grin:

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
A bit off-topic here...
I have a friend with a new Lumia.
This person is certainly not dumb by any means.

I have to take his phone more than once a month and clear everything off.
He leaves his voice-mail inbox full so that his girlfriend can't get thru.
Never deletes old texts or the call history.
Forgets to close all the (clears throat) NSFW webpages in IE.
Never clears search history from Cortana or the browser.
Never closes open apps (me wife does this also)
Never knew everything he shoots a picture of ends up on OneDrive.
Not to mention if an app quits he abandons it.
Never checks updates.
...on and on.

Goes to show us how many folks just use and aren't really what we might refer to as "enthusiasts"
:grin:

Haha surely weird guy.
I think you should wait until that guy gets screwed for one time! At least he will learn from his mistake and approach you, at the end of a day you may help converting him into a enthusiasts if he isn't one!😂

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Another odd crazy thing is me wife was in the IC manufacturing tech industry for years as an ION implant maintenance technician\supervisor.

She has absolutely no outward interest in smartphone apps or anything else smartphones are capable of.
As tech savvy as she is only calls, occasional texts and the camera are it when it comes to smartphone use.

I gave up long ago trying to impress anyone with how "smart" these things really are...

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Another odd crazy thing is me wife was in the IC manufacturing tech industry for years as an ION implant maintenance technician\supervisor.

She has absolutely no outward interest in smartphone apps or anything else smartphones are capable of.
As tech savvy as she is only calls, occasional texts and the camera are it when it comes to smartphone use.

I gave up long ago trying to impress anyone with how "smart" these things really are...
Well considering the broader picture a lot many consumers are ready to purchase premium flagship handsets with device exclusive features but when it comes to usage of those features, it never extends above calls, basic messaging functionalities and snapping photos, rarely have I found anyone using it for managing work related files and tasks and when I show them how easy it is to do the same on a phone instead of the laptop or desktop they use at work, they get surprised beyond imagination as how short and easy it would be if they use smart devices the smart way.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
they get surprised beyond imagination as how short and easy it would be if they use smart devices the smart way.
So true...
In my experience on any mobile platform there are so many starved to learn from someone who is experienced.

I've had a number of folks who have asked me about iPhone features which I am admittedly clueless there.
iDevices aren't too difficult to figure out however.
(my apologies to the gallery for mentioning Apples)

When it comes to Microsoft Mobile or Android I can be of some help to my confederates.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
So true...
In my experience on any mobile platform there are so many starved to learn from someone who is experienced.

I've had a number of folks who have asked me about iPhone features which I am admittedly clueless there.
iDevices aren't too difficult to figure out however.
(my apologies to the gallery for mentioning Apples)

When it comes to Microsoft Mobile or Android I can be of some help to my confederates.

Well the experience is quite the same here , there isn't many who use Windows Phones. Those of my friends who use a windows phone have only bought one after seeing me using it as a daily driver! They come to me for solutions on basic functionalities and getting info on apps that are recomended for them and also updated news on MSFT (they surely are interested in knowing them rather than implementing them) the rest of my friends come over for help on rooting , unrootung, flashing roms using cooked roms for android devices and I am like " should i open a shop for this ?" Truly speaking i didn't buy a android device right from the start, i used a lg cookie java platform...then shifted directly to WP. And this is my one and only device i have used so far (l625). I used android on a PC via bluestack and the google andorid sdk on my PC. A lot of the knowledge i explain to my friends are based on that so according to me....those who doesn't know about these things are not dumb , they just dont care pressing the buttons and clicking on things to know about them.....!

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Seems as though those in the know are in short supply...
...at least outside this forum or any tech site.

What amazes me is so many users bypass all the help Microsoft supplies on it's MM website.
Personally I learned so much initially by using the included "Help&Tips" on my original L521.
Excellent source of basics and many in-roads to so much other help.

I still refer to Help&Tips available on my latest Lumia.

Why read the instructions when it's so much easier to cut and paste blame elsewhere.
Being unknowledgeable via laziness could be cause for most failures with any device across any incursion :)

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Seems as though those in the know are in short supply...
...at least outside this forum or any tech site.

What amazes me is so many users bypass all the help Microsoft supplies on it's MM website.
Personally I learned so much initially by using the included "Help&Tips" on my original L521.
Excellent source of basics and many in-roads to so much other help.

I still refer to Help&Tips available on my latest Lumia.

Why read the instructions when it's so much easier to cut and paste blame elsewhere.
Being unknowledgeable via laziness could be cause for most failures with any device across any incursion :)
You are absolutely correct , if only people do a bit of research through official ways ( cheking support pages, help n tips, etc.) queries on these kind of problems would be much less. Although I must admit that I have got a lot of help from Windows Central members, moderators, ambassadors and all other users of this community that has been one of the reasons for being one of the most active communities.!

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Although I must admit that I have got a lot of help from Windows Central members, moderators, ambassadors and all other users of this community that has been one of the reasons for being one of the most active communities.!

:)
I will agree!
This community represents an awesome force for the promotion of anything Windows.
Microsoft should be patting WC on the back for all it has done for the mobile platform and all the Windows-centric information flowing from this site.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon