Why am I getting duplicate texts and texts coming to me 12 hours late?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have been having the duplicate text problem off and on for 2 months. It started about a month after I got the phone. It just started receiving late texts a week ago and they are infrequent, but on multiple numbers. I have contacted T-Mobile but it isn't a network issue on their end because I live in WV.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
SMS delay and duplication is most often a carrier side issue... If it is your phone, we have no idea which phone you own or the OS version. Makes it difficult to begin troubleshooting...

However, based on
...it isn't a network issue on their end because I live in WV.
...I'd be more inclined to believe it is a carrier side issue due simply to the geography of the area and the saturation of peaks and valleys in the terrain. Customer service reps at phone centers are not always the best at troubleshooting. I'm not doubting what they told you when you phoned in, just the accuracy of what the phone rep stated to you.

That said... If you want further help; please sign up for the site so you can reply in this thread. We really would need to know more.

Your phone model.
Your OS version.
Any updates just before this issue started?
Any changes to your carrier service or did you get a new SIM Card?
Any other network issues like failure to hold a signal or inconsistent data strength?
Had you installed any Apps around the time this started that might affect messaging? Like Whatsapp or another messenger service?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes