Is it okay to download free music apps such as music boost?

Kontrol ZG

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
A lot of my friends download music and say that downloading music via apps is okay because "it has a license" and when I go to the music app section and look at apps such as Music Boost it say "Disclaimer
1. This app does not host any of the music files displayed in search results.
2. This app searches files which are located on remote servers.
3. All the rights on the songs are the property of their respective owners."
Can someone please tell me what this means and if it's okay to download the app?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Lol you can download the app and use it to download music without getting in trouble with the law, but if the FBI/NSA/CIA come knocking at your door, I will deny ever telling you this :p

If you're that big on the whole drm thing, I would suggest buying your music via the xbox music app :)

Currently I use an app called "music import" :) Works well and none of the agencies I mentioned earlier have been knocking on my front door so you should be safe xd

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
It's doubtful anyone here is qualified to give you a good legal answer. And it will depend where you are.
​Apps that act as proxies for website content are leechers. Nothing more. They cost someone's bandwidth etc. And it's highly unlikely the artists gets any royalty. The legal arguments are probably lengthy. The moral one is short.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon