Buy from Microsoft or not?

thatdennis

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I wanted to buy a Asus T100 Transformer book, since my Surface 2's touchscreen died. I'm currently outside the US and would go there in a few months (July to be exact).

So my question is: What is the advantage of buying a laptop from the Microsoft Store? If you say Signature Edition, then what about it? Does it have any significant advantage over a non-SE one?

Thanks a lot.

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I heard those Signature Edition are basically a bloatware free version of OEM tablets - laptops from Dell, Toshiba, HP and others.

I have the Asus T100 the normal edition and to be honest, there are almost no bloatware from this tablet as far i can see, only the essential stuff like some camera app, power saving features and that's it. Maybe other brands put more crapware on their products, but at least with Asus they kept it at minimum.

thatdennis

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I heard those Signature Edition are basically a bloatware free version of OEM tablets - laptops from Dell, Toshiba, HP and others.

I have the Asus T100 the normal edition and to be honest, there are almost no bloatware from this tablet as far i can see, only the essential stuff like some camera app, power saving features and that's it. Maybe other brands put more crapware on their products, but at least with Asus they kept it at minimum.

So you recommend I just buy it straight away now? How about warranties and other stuff? I know Asus served me well so that I don't need any warranties, but just in case.

And about bloatware, does it affect the laptop that much?

jontyfernz

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
So you recommend I just buy it straight away now? How about warranties and other stuff? I know Asus served me well so that I don't need any warranties, but just in case.

And about bloatware, does it affect the laptop that much?

bloatware affects performance.If the bloatware is too much,simple tasks such as surfing can be difficult

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon