Can I get some help with alarm and time issues since Denim update?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Alarm and time issues since Denim update

Since the update the alarms have been playing up. If the alarm is set for "once" it appears to work. If I check any of the week days turning it into a regular scheduled alarm, it always fails to alert. This made me late for work yesterday!

Today even more fun. The phone had the correct time going to bed. Set date and time automatically has been on for the last 72 hours at least, at least I noted it since Saturday as we recently moved to British summer time. My time zone is UTC Dublin.... London etc This morning I awoke to my "once" set alarm (I learn quickly!) only to find when I arrived at the train station my phone time has jumped forward an hour.

So GMT is: 04:59
BST is: 05:59
My phone time at UTC London: 6:59

This is doing my head in... The message before the upgrade said the update will make my phone better, it has made the phone far worse, I can't trust the alarms or times... Basically its a nightmare, how can something like this get through not only windows quality testing but carrier quality testing.... Has anyone got any ideas apart from turning it off and on to fix this?

Maybe its just Cortana ensuring I make up for my late arrival at work yesterday by making me turn up an hour earlier!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa