Should I trust this .xap download?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonny702

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
*If there's a better place for this thread I ask for forgiveness

So we all know the woes of using Windows Phone; Other platforms have all the fun when it comes to games and apps. I thoroughly enjoyed Plants vs Zombies and really wanted to play the sequel. I did an internet search for Plants Vs. Zombies 2 windows phone and found a page that claims you can download the .xap file and install it on your phone, bypassing the windows phone store. Seems essentially similar to the methods for installing applications that are no longer available in the store for whatever reason (such as the awesome MyBucks Starbucks app).

My gut tells me, I probably shouldn't trust some sketchy website offering an application in .xap format that has never even been in the windows store in the first place. Then again, it could be that a dedicated PvZ fan who happens to be a developer, ported the game and made it available in this way to dodge copyright claims. If the later is the case, I'm all for it since the copyright holder hasn't bothered to make the game available. What are your thoughts Windows phone community?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Nope, nope, nope.

If it never existed for Windows Phone, there's no way some random dude just ported it or whatever. It's possible, but not very likely at all. I bet that site has a bunch of surveys between you and that alleged game.

You're welcome to try, but its only your PC's safety on the line.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Capture.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member