Remote Control of Windows Phones?

Mathias Lindberg

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I recently bought a used Lumia 630. I've reset the OS several times, but (possibly) after using the Recovery Tool on the PC to reset my phone, I noticed money had disappeared from my bank account.

I have an app called MobilePay. It's a scandinavian service that allows you to send money to other registered users with their phone number. I don't know how, but money has been taken from my bank account 3 times through that app.

I'm currently waiting for my new SIM-card to be activated, so I can't access the app at the moment, but I have reason to believe someone is spying on my phone.

Whenever I use the twitter app and start typing a tweet, the keyboard freezes and for several seconds, keys that I haven't even touched start typing, including a WordFlow. There's also keys being held down to select other words. Now this could be an issue with the Twitter app or something else, but it would explain how someone stole from me.

MobilePay apparently has an issue of being used by thieves, but not in this way at all. My question is if there's any known virus that could have gone into my phone, perhaps through my PC. I've just restored my phone, but I don't know if the virus could have gone beyond the OS or something.

Edit: I should add that after restoring my phone, I've had no issue with tweeting. Keyboard is fluid and completely unlike before.

Mathias Lindberg

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm asking this here because it could only have been done through my phone. No one else could have used my credit card info for this, and no one - including myself - could have used my information on another Windows Phone. Why? Because I did not lose my credit card, and the app requires an SMS code to be activated on another phone. Furthermore, I had ordered a new SIM-card and LOCKED my phone service, not allowing anyone with all of my information to possibly use the app on another phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon