Anyone else having an issue with Facebook App?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My live tile is blacked out and when tap on the app in the app list it doesn't open, is anyone else having this issue?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
My live tile is blacked out and when tap on the app in the app list it doesn't open, is anyone else having this issue?

Welcome to Windows Central.

I've experienced this, too, not only with my Facebook app, but also with my Messenger, WeChat, Twitter, Instagram BETA and some weather apps. However, this is not a bug or a defect. It has been attributed to an automatic background backup or sync process. You should be able to use the app again after a few minutes.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
That is strange. Have you tried restarting your phone or performing a soft reset?

Restart = power off, power on
Soft reset = press volume down and power buttons together until your phone reboots (this will not erase your personal data)

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re-installing the app (based on what other users have said) did "fix" the "issue", but it would be a hassle particularly for the Facebook App, especially if you've got linked contacts in your People Hub. I'd sleep over it and see if the app is still grey-ed out after waking up. If it is by then, it could be time to re-install it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos