Lumia 1020 black screen

Lawrence Crecy

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi I recently replaced my screen on my 1020 after shattering my last one, and its been working great for about a month until today.. For some reason whenever I set my phone face down or in my pocket it seems like my proximity sensor or GPU prevents my screen from showing picture.

I took apart my phone today and disconnect and reattached the bottom display cable which turns the screen back on but after putting it together and setting my phone down for a period of time it seems the screen doesn't want to come on.

I just did a hard reset which seemed to help but it just happened again and luckily a soft reset attempt turned it back on by showing the "swipe down to turn off" screen before it was able to reset.

Anyone know why its doing this?

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi I recently replaced my screen on my 1020 after shattering my last one, and its been working great for about a month until today.. For some reason whenever I set my phone face down or in my pocket it seems like my proximity sensor or GPU prevents my screen from showing picture.

I took apart my phone today and disconnect and reattached the bottom display cable which turns the screen back on but after putting it together and setting my phone down for a period of time it seems the screen doesn't want to come on.

I just did a hard reset which seemed to help but it just happened again and luckily a soft reset attempt turned it back on by showing the "swipe down to turn off" screen before it was able to reset.

Anyone know why its doing this?

i would suggest you to take it to a authorized service centre and let them take a look at it. ;) good day

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans