Want to reset my Nokia Lumia 520 to change the Microsoft account, but want to keep my contacts?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I'm handing my old phone over to my mum but I want to change the Microsoft account on the phone from my account to hers. I understand you need to completely reset the phone to do this, but I wondered if there was a way I could keep my contacts?
Obviously I can't save them to my Microsoft account because that would completely defeat the purpose as I'd have to sign back in!
Any help would be appreciated!
Cheers!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Do you want her to have all of your contacts, or do you want to transfer your contacts to a new phone?

If the latter is the case, which new phone did you get?

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Your contacts are in the cloud with your Microsoft Account and/or the email address associated with that account. You keep your contacts and can go ahead and change the Microsoft Account for your mum's.

No matter where or on what you log into those accounts you get your contacts.

To transfer your contacts simply sign in to your Microsoft Account or Email address on a PC Browser. To transfer them elsewhere do a web search for "Transfer contacts from <email flavor> to <email flavor>" and follow a tutorial.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Or on your new phone use your ms account, reset your old phone and use your mom's account.
And than use the "transfer my data" app on your new phone to send the contacts to your old phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3