I recently purchased a Dragon Touch E71 (Android Kitkat 4.4) and thoroughly enjoy the multi-functionality of this unlocked phone/tablet but the low end screen detracts from the overall experience. I need something that I can use outdoors in bright sunlight. And, due to some international travel / websites, I'd like to run a Windows OS.

So, is anyone is aware of a ~7" GSM unlocked phone/tablet that runs a Windows OS?
    05-01-2015 01:07 AM
    The only one I know about is from below article.
    But it is probably only for the Chinese market and the spec's are also not great.
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...se-market.html
    05-01-2015 08:51 AM
    If you want smaller than 7" you are looking at a Lumia 1520 which is a 6" phablet, or it's little brother the 1320 also a 6" phablet.
    Nokia Lumia 1320 vs. Nokia Lumia 1520 - GSMArena.com Both of these are discontinued for manufacturer but still get updates and support and are expected to move to Windows 10. Safest future-proof option is to get a Factory Unlocked regional or country variant and bypass carrier dependency on OTA pass along.

More recently there is the 640 XL which is a 5.7" phablet. It can be had with or without LTE and also single or dual SIM depending on the configuration/variant. Microsoft Lumia 640 XL LTE - Full phone specifications

All of the above are large screen phones and run Windows Phone OS...

If you want full Windows Desktop, there are a whole bunch of 7" tablets to pick from. You just have to look for the right screen spec; IPS LCD, high resolution or ppi (pixels per inch). 7 inch windows tablet - Bing

IMHO, IPS LCD offers better sunlight readability than AMOLED or OLED screens and once you get above 250ppi you are getting into the sweet spot for viewability. In any/all scenarios you may benefit from applying an anti-glare type of screen protector.
    Guytronic and xandros9 like this.
    05-01-2015 02:41 PM