Best cars that work with Windows Phone?

several potatos

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
My car needs way more repairs than I care to pay, so I'm gonna lease instead. My budget is $250 max a month, and I want one with either aux or Bluetooth that works with my 1520. Any ideas?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I know the recent-model (i think 2011 or 2012) Hyundai Elantra works well with my 920 over Bluetooth. (you'll need to either hold the call button or use "Call Cortana" to get to Cortana - audio and texts come in as expected with Cortana asking about whether to read it and HERE Drive directions read out as well.)

Don't know about the Sonata which is the other family car, the one I haven't tried, but I dont think it would be too different.

Don't think the USB port works though. (Hyundai's is weird and selective to some Apple things)

AUX in will work since its a standard, but I prefer BT.

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
One of the great things about Windows Phone is that it works with most cars while iPhones and Androids are problematic in some cars or require upgraded systems in the car that are tweaked to work with them. I've won bets with car salesmen of many brands who swore their car wouldn't announce, read or let you dictate a response or it would only with the top infotainment system. Some literally had their jaw drop when they saw it.

On the other side of the coin, I'm active on some GM car forums and have seen numerous complaints of how iPhones or Androids worked with their car.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
That's a new one Lol!
Buying\Leasing a car based on a smartphone.
:grin:

On a serious note it is somewhat interesting and shows me how the smartphone has become so incredibly integrated in human existence.

Good luck on the search for a better vehicle!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonkalas