My phone is receiving messages from a contact who didn't send them. What can I do about this?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

They say I need to download something or pick up a video message. Don't know if the problem is with my phone or the 'sender's '.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I believe you are speaking about MMS (Mutimedia Messaging Service)? That would be a SMS text with a picture or video attached?

You say the contact never sent them? Does this mean you ask the contact did you send something and they state no I did not?

Or do you mean you never received the file attached to the text?

Could you join the site and reply here with more detail to help clarify your issue?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Could these messages be from people your friend included in a group text? I used to get messages from people I don't know due to a friend of mine using group text and one of the people replying to all, rather than just to the sender.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I see the MMS thing when people are group texting quite often.

If that's not it, and it truly is a video they are sending you, tell them to stop sending you nudes. ;-)

Miyazaki721

Jan 7, 2018
Visit site
I am having this issue. My phone is receiving MMS messages sometimes from my mom, my boss, and sometimes from a friend and because they don't download I keep getting notifications that say "2 messages in 2 conversations not downloaded". This happens literally 4 Or so times a day and it is extremely annoying. Could it be a virus, malware, or something like my phone is being watched by the cops or something? I heard weird things can happen when cops hack and watch your phone activity.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Why can't I see any of My replies or posts!?!?!?

I thought i replied to RumoredNow but I don't see it.

We have a system that holds some posts for additional vetting before being posted publicly and yours were being held by it for moderator approval. It tries to catch spam but also grabs normal posts too at times.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zinedioo