I found a downloaded file and have no idea where it came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALC43

Jan 16, 2023
Visit site
In my download folder, I found this zipped file and I don't know where it came from or what it is.
panther-tq1a.230105.001.a2-factory-264b1602.zip
I unzipped the file and it seems to consist mainly of .img files that I can't do anything with. I tried to mount them using the Windows 10 context menu, but I get an error message saying that the files are corrupt.
The files take up about 4 GB and I would like to get rid of them. Can I do that safely? Has anyone come across this file on their computer?
When I Googled the first part of the filename, there is a suggestion that the file has something to do with a Google Pixel phone (which I have), but I have never knowingly downloaded any files to do with my phone. I'm not interested in rooting the phone.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It looks to be a file for a monthly security update from Google for Pixel devices (which is what TQ1A files are). As this website is more about Windows software, I'd suggest posting your question on our sister site: AndoidCentral.com You will be able to get Android-specific assistance there. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital