Hello everyone !
    So I don't use Cortana because it needs GPS (battery ๐Ÿ”‹). But I need something as simple and powerful as Cortana to remind me simple things throughout my day. Any suggestions??
    05-21-2015 01:46 PM
    Try Perfect Note.
    05-21-2015 01:50 PM
    I use Alarms.
    05-21-2015 05:55 PM
    I use Location services constantly as it brings me so much more powerful behaviors from my device. I don't have battery issues.

May I ask what phone? OS version? Are you now or have you been on P4D? Are you a power user? Any chance of moving to a better phone in terms of battery rating?

I am absolutely in LOVE with location based reminders and think everyone should try them out.
    05-21-2015 06:07 PM
    I use Location services constantly as it brings me so much more powerful behaviors from my device. I don't have battery issues.

May I ask what phone? OS version? Are you now or have you been on P4D? Are you a power user? Any chance of moving to a better phone in terms of battery rating?

I am absolutely in LOVE with location based reminders and think everyone should try them out.
    II'm using a Lumia 925 with windows 8.1 update 2. Never been on P4D. I'm not moving to another phone right now. There's also the internet connection problem. I don't have it all day.
    05-22-2015 01:20 AM
    II'm using a Lumia 925 with windows 8.1 update 2. Never been on P4D. I'm not moving to another phone right now. There's also the internet connection problem. I don't have it all day.
    No P4D is a good sign. That seems to have caused battery issues with a lot of folks. I'd call it the number side effect from the threads around here.

Hmmm... Internet connection problem? Internet and Location are two separate entities, although a good data lock can help refine GPS faster, that's the A-GPS or Assited-GPS at work. But your statement about not having internet all day makes me curious. Does the phone signal spend a lot of time loosing data, regaining it and/or shifting between data speeds? If so, that is where your battery is going and it has nothing to do with Location being on or off really. Poor signal lock at a steady data speed is one of the top culprits for poor battery performance. The fixes are varied by different causal factors.
    ArrowQueen likes this.
    05-22-2015 02:07 AM