[Help] Twitter notifications stopped?

Solo k

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
hey every one ..
my twitter notifications is stopped working nearly 3 days now! and the app removed from notifications setting by itself.
i removed the app and reinstall it but still the same problem, then i saw the recent reviews on win store so i can tell every one has the same issue.
i hope you have answers.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, this problem seems to have persisted much longer for other users (as mentioned in the recent review you mentioned). The last time notifications worked for my Twitter app was in the second week of January (when the Pope was here in Manila) and I was updating the local Vatican embassy about the location of the Pope's plane each time his place crosses an international boundary. At that time, a certain hashtag for the Pope's visit in the Philippines was trending.

Could it be that notifications work for Tweets related to trending topics? Not sure.

Could it be that notifications worked during that time because it was the week of my birthday? Interesting, but unlikely.

Could it be that notifications work for Tweets/responses/favorites from accounts of "known" organizations (such as the Vatican embassy)? Unlikely, since Microsoft and LumiaHelp are also known organizations but notifications still don't work for Twitter-related responses from them (at least in my case).

We're all looking forward to an update (whether front end or back end) from Twitter that will finally resolve the issue. I'll try to Tweet to Twitter and see what their response would be. Will update this thread when response is received (or not).

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
There is a way to make them work again.
You have to uninstall Twitter app, access your Twitter account from PC (it's not available via mobile.twitter) and revoke an access for Twitter app (somewhere in settings). Then you have to download Twitter app again, login, set notifications and voila - done. However notifications will stop working again in approx. few weeks. There is something wrong with Twitter for Windows Phone...

CA1683

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi I am having the same issue I have spent the last 2 days looking for an answer and nothing. I have tried the uninstall and the revoking access but nothing has worked. I have done a factory reset and then restore nothing again. I have even looked for an alternative app. The reason I have looked for another app is the same happened with facebook but I downloaded Facebook Beta and I now have notifications. There has to be an update since Windows 8.1 and Twitter app don't mix. I am not even getting an idea of whats happening on the start screen that just shows the twitter logo.

If there is an alternative to all this please let us know.

Solo k

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
thanks for your replies :)

i repeat removing the app and revoking it then reinstalling after a hard reset but still nothing!
so .. i reported the app on win store for a reason of poor performance.

twitter not just left us far behind other platforms, no updates since January 1801, but the app doesn't work good either.

b0blight

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
The official twitter app for WP is broken. For one period of time it was working well enough for me. After a recent hard reset, it only works once in ahwile. There isn't much we can do about it, as twitter has not decided to update it. You could try looking for alternative 3rd-party apps. There are quite a few good ones on the Windows Store. Cheers. :)

anon(9275303)

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I bought and have both Aeries and Twabbit on my phone. Twabbit has notifications and is probably the most customizable in appearance of all Twitter apps. Aeries is much newer, has lots of customization options as well, and looks and works great for me. I mainly use Aeries over Twabbit now, but I would recommend either one. Never tried your other two choices. Tweetium's look or "blockiness" never has appealed to me.

Solo k

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
still nothing!?
there is no respond from twitter support. i spoke with LUMIA Help on twitter but he only mentioned to be patient till the support team of twitter release an update :D so we will wait till the next millennium.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
still nothing!?
there is no respond from twitter support. i spoke with LUMIA Help on twitter but he only mentioned to be patient till the support team of twitter release an update :D so we will wait till the next millennium.

At least you've got a response from @LumiaHelp; I haven't received a response from @Twitter itself.:cool:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea if it's just a coincidence that Twitter for Windows Phone recently stopped showing notifications. However, Twitter for iOS got an update on June 3, and Twitter for Android got an update on June 9.

The Windows Phone version of Twitter hasn't been updated since January.

Solo k

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
ironically when you try to report the problem there is no choice for WP ! they're not interested on WP at all
or forgot they have an app on WP store. there is no any kind of concern about WP users, but on the hand maybe they're right!
we're a 50 users around the world :D

Solo k

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I have no idea if it's just a coincidence that Twitter for Windows Phone recently stopped showing notifications. However, Twitter for iOS got an update on June 3, and Twitter for Android got an update on June 9.

The Windows Phone version of Twitter hasn't been updated since January.

it's just annoying when important app like twitter stopped working! and before this big failure you can tell how far we lagged behind other OS's apps features! Microsoft should do something for their customers, we can't wait forever till the apps work good like other platforms. and being a fan of WP OS is not enough to be patient, at the end i'm a customer who want to have a good experience with his phone whatever the platform is. is it that hard for Microsoft to nudge Twitter to offer a good thing?

by the way we all should REPORT Twitter app on the store for a reason of poor performance.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
it's just annoying when important app like twitter stopped working! and before this big failure you can tell how far we lagged behind other OS's apps features! Microsoft should do something for their customers, we can't wait forever till the apps work good like other platforms. and being a fan of WP OS is not enough to be patient, at the end i'm a customer who want to have a good experience with his phone whatever the platform is. is it that hard for Microsoft to nudge Twitter to offer a good thing?

by the way we all should REPORT Twitter app on the store for a reason of poor performance.
I agree with you! That sounds good and reasonable.

rebellious_sam

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
I had the problem a week ago wasn't just twitter, but all my notifications had stopped coming through. Afer a hard reset, I got all but twitter back. Tried everything suggested.still nothing worked. Yesterday I sent to ranting messages to twitter mobile and twitter itself. I never heard a thing back but.... a few hours later I started getting Twitter Notifications through. I don't know if it is working for anyone else? Would be interested to know.

JLP

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I've had all the same issues as everyone. I personally think its something on the twitter backend or something. How else would they stop then suddenly start working again I cases with no user intervention? Mine stopped working, hard reset = no fix, uninstall/reinstall app = no fix, complained to Support & WinPhoneSupport = started working again!!

Anyway, does anyone know if any of the 3rd party twitter apps give notifications on tweets from individuals you follow, like the official Twitter app? This is the only reason I stick with the official app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2