Why does my Lumia 640XL restart on its own when I place it on a surface?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have had my 640XL for about a week now. The issue however is that when I place it on a hard surface like a table, it automatically goes off and back on on its own. I have taken it back to the shop, and they did a software upgrade, but it has started doing it again. I concluded that it is not a problem with a loose battery otherwise it wouldn't come back on once it has gone off. Also, when I try to place it down really hard on a surface, like when I am demonstrating the defect to someone else, it doesn't readily go off, so it makes me wonder whether there is a particular angle that the defect comes on...I really don't know. I have never dropped it or had water touch it because Technically, I have had it for 2 days, and the rest were spent at the repairs place.

Anyone with a similar problem? It is really frustrating.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It may still be a battery fault and certainly sounds like one to me. It may be the chip in the battery or a slightly loose connector internally that gets "joggled" when setting the phone down.

A software reset such as the service center has done should have solved any software issue. Also, I've not heard of this issue going around (doesn't mean it is not - but if so then it is a very tiny minority) so also that indicates it is not a firmware bug.

I'd insist on a warranty replacement.

Lazar 61

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I have had my 640XL for about a week now. The issue however is that when I place it on a hard surface like a table, it automatically goes off and back on on its own. I have taken it back to the shop, and they did a software upgrade, but it has started doing it again. I concluded that it is not a problem with a loose battery otherwise it wouldn't come back on once it has gone off. Also, when I try to place it down really hard on a surface, like when I am demonstrating the defect to someone else, it doesn't readily go off, so it makes me wonder whether there is a particular angle that the defect comes on...I really don't know. I have never dropped it or had water touch it because Technically, I have had it for 2 days, and the rest were spent at the repairs place.

Anyone with a similar problem? It is really frustrating.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon