Is there a way to unpin tiles on start screen?

Danny Gamer

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I recently updated my phone to the Windows 10 Preview and after playing around with it for a while, I decided to roll back to WP 8.1 instead and wait for a better Windows 10 version to come out. However, after going back to WP 8.1, I noticed that my start screen wasn't the way it was supposed to be. Almost none of my apps were pinned to the start screen like I had them before. I figured I could just pin them back, but whenever I try to pin the apps, the option is grayed out for all of the apps I had pinned before. I'm assuming the phone is stuck thinking the apps are pinned even when they don't show up on the start screen, so my question is, is there a way to unpin the tiles even when they're not there? For most apps I could just uninstall and reinstall, but the problem arises when I try to pin apps that come with the phone like OneNote. I hard reset and starting fresh should do the trick, but I'd rather leave that as a last resort in case nothing else works. Any help is appreciated!

NICK TOALE

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
You need to wait for the apps to update it may take a couple of hours. Leave your phone on charge and connected to Wi Fi and it will sort itself out and you will be able to re pin the tiles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon