Unlocking a T-Mo 640 for ATT

W

WPCentral Question

Has anyone been able to unlock their Lumia 640 from T-Mobile? I want to get one and use it on AT&T, but I don't want to buy it and then have a phone that I can't use because I can't unlock it.

I was thinking about just getting the 640LX on AT&T, but I just want a cheap Windows Phone that I can use right now until they launch a new flagship.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone been able to unlock their Lumia 640 from T-Mobile? I want to get one and use it on AT&T, but I don't want to buy it and then have a phone that I can't use because I can't unlock it.

I was thinking about just getting the 640LX on AT&T, but I just want a cheap Windows Phone that I can use right now until they launch a new flagship.

You need to purchase the T-Mo 640 in full and then have a SIM card in it that is T-Mo and use it for at least a few days before T-Mo will unlock it. If it is a brand new SIM then they will want the phone to be used at least 6 weeks before they will unlock it. Good luck!

A better idea might be to get the Cricket 640 and use it on AT&T.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
...A better idea might be to get the Cricket 640 and use it on AT&T.

Cricket is an odd duck. They do something in the Firmware that their phone can not be used even on ATT without an unlock. I know it is contrary to the rule that since it is a mvno of ATT it should go the other way.

I don't think Cricket believes in unlocking phones.

@OP Best bet - get a Lumia 635 Go Phone to tide you over. It will take an ATT SIM right out of the box.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2