How to transfer data to a new phone - And to another MS account at the same time - ??

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I bought a new Lumia 830 and want to transfer all my old 521 data onto my new phone. Furthermore, I want all my data and apps I paid for onto my personal Microsoft account instead of my father's which is on my 521. Does anyone know how to do a smooth transfer of data with this situation?

Thanks!

Don Geronimo

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
That could be a toughie.

While you could use the "Transfer My Data" app to transfer data from your 521 to your 830, and that should at least be able to get text messages and contacts and possibly photos, videos, and music; transferring paid app data from your father's account to yours is something that I don't think is possible to do easily, because they were technically 'bought' under his account and not yours, even if you're the one that paid for them.

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
That could be a toughie.

While you could use the "Transfer My Data" app to transfer data from your 521 to your 830, and that should at least be able to get text messages and contacts and possibly photos, videos, and music; transferring paid app data from your father's account to yours is something that I don't think is possible to do easily, because they were technically 'bought' under his account and not yours, even if you're the one that paid for them.

Thanks for the reply. How long does the app usually take? Does it transfer both SD card and phone data?

Don Geronimo

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. How long does the app usually take? Does it transfer both SD card and phone data?

My assumption is that it will transfer phone and SD data, but I haven't personally tried; I used it when I was switching from a 920 to a 1520, the former not having an SD card. I probably left it for about 15-20 minutes to transfer any photos and videos I took, text messages, and whatever else it could transfer and it did it well. That being said, I was also using OneDrive to store quite a bit of my settings so the transfer itself was probably easier since most, if not all, of my stuff was already in the cloud.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital