I've upgraded from 8.1 to 10, but I get a Memory Management error blue screen during start-up.

W

WPCentral Question

This has happened 15 times. I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic and the result was no errors. But the blue screen and error message keep occurring.

HP Envy 17
12 Gb DRAM

Roland Schlangen

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Still it could be a memmory issue. If you are able to get to the DIMM modules please (of course power down the PC) take them out carefully, blow the contacts on the motherboard and the DIMM itself clean from dust / particles and place them back.

Comunitate DE

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
I think the issue comes from motherboard drivers incompatibility with WIN 10 - Realtek AUDIO, LAN, BIOS , needs to be updated

I update to WIN 10, a laptop satellite (Intel P6100, 4 GB Ram DDR3, Ati HD 5000, SATA HDD 250 gb) and no problem at all.
I updeted also an old pc - Intel E7300, 4 GB DDR2, Asus 9600 GT, 256 SSD samsung 850 EVO...problems with memory management error. I asked gigabyte about the issue...an the replyed

" Please understand that this motherboard was manufactured and released before Windows 10 ready in the market and chipset vender does not release Windows 10 driver for this model, some advanced Windows 10 features require optimized specifications such as a touch screen monitor, a UEFI BIOS, and an SSD that may not be available in every legacy and entry-level system.

Therefore, if you find any problem running Windows 10, please revert back to those operating system verified to support, for example: Windows 7/Vista/XP."

Cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans