Using windows 10 where do I find 'output to' so I can connect my tv?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My pc is connected to my tv via HDMI cable. I used to be able to right click on desktop click output to and click digital tv. Therefore using my tv as screen and able to watch videos etc on big screen. Have installed windows 10 and can't seem to do this. My tv is already a recognised device. Anyone know what I'm talking about?? Please help.

jdyer55

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Since upgrading to 10 from 8.1 on my surface this has really frustrated me. I use my surface with two additional monitors in my office, so every morning I plug it in and with 8.1 I could swipe in from the right, tap display, and tap extend. Now with windows 10 the only way I can find to get to the "project my screen charm" is to use the keyboard. (either "windows" + P or Cortana). When I right click and go to display settings the computer will not even detect the other two monitors until I have done this. So without a keyboard I have not figured out how to project to other monitors or TVs. Am I missing something? Shouldn't this be one of the quick actions in the notifications center?!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos