How can I find all of my photo documents and music after upgrading to Windows 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

how can i find all my photos documents and music after upgrading to windows 10?

All the file folders I have opened are either empty or have very little content. I had 100s of pictures but only 1 photo is showing in the pictures folder.
No music seems to be in my library in the media player

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: how can i find all my photos documents and music after upgrading to windows 10?

Welcome to Windows Central.

Did you create a separate partition for your Documents, Music, Pictures, etc.? I my case, I had all my documents in D:\ while all my software are in C:\. After the reinstallation of Windows 10 I encountered the same problem you've described.

Try navigating to those folders using the File Explorer in Windows 10.

Let us know what you find by creating a Windows Central account and responding to this thread. Our members/users may be able to provide more info with more details. :smile:

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: how can i find all my photos documents and music after upgrading to windows 10?

It sounds like you have a different user account.

Did you upgrade from Windows 7?

Are you using an Administrator account? If so, you can probably find your folders by looking for folders associated with your old user account. Then you can copy them to either your new account or Public folder.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon