Computer wouldn't start - Computer Startup Error wdf_violation. What could be causing the issue?

sdmrvc

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Computer wouldn't start - Computer Startup Error wdf_violation.

Hi all,

I'm new to the forums but figured I'd reach out to get some help! I have an HP Envy h8-1445 PC at work here and I've always had problems with it upon startup. It freezes everyday in the morning, which requires a manual power down and reboot and then it's usually fine (can't explain why it does this). I've had the computer for 2 years now.

I upgraded to Windows 10 on Thursday and so far I'm loving it (much better than Windows 8.1). I had a weird issue today though as I had to do a manual power down and reboot (as always) but this time the computer wouldn't start up. It kept freezing at the HP loading screen and when it attempted to start the automatic repair tool it gave me a Windows "sad face" error with the code "wdf_violation".

I ran sfc /scannow in an admin command prompt console which came back with "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them." I have a log that I'll try and figure out how to attach - it's 5MB.

Does this sound familiar to anyone or does anyone have an idea of what could be causing the issue of freezing daily and/or how to fix this corrupt file? I can post all the specs if needed.

Thanks in advance!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro