Should I delete memory in anticipation for the Windows 10 update?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Delete memory for windows 10 update

So my laptop is ready for the windows 10 update, but my laptop has been extremely slow lately, so i was wondering if there was a way for me to install the windows 10 update so it will erase all memory/software off my pc and just basically make it factory new? (im not sure if i asked this question in the right way)

Tony Clegg

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: Delete memory for windows 10 update

Yes, there is an option to do this with the upgrade. You can keep your apps/programs and settings or there is an option to basically start from scratch. Alternatively, you could upgrade to Win 10, and it stores everything in the Windows.old directory. See how you get on with it etc. If you are happy with it, you can then go for a clean install by using the downloaded ISO available.

Remember of course to always back up any personal data including docs, pics, music, favourites etc.

Tony Clegg

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: Delete memory for windows 10 update

If you begin the upgrade, there are three options before continuing in regards keeping your data. If you do this, once Win 10 has finished installing, all your apps, documents etc are as you left them. If you run into any problems, as per the post above, you can look in the Windows.old directory, or go back to your previous installation.

This is what I did last Friday just to get a feel for it. Earlier in the week and having downloaded the ISO I went for a clean install after backing up my personal data.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire