Explorer Exe class not registered , unable to use start menu at all. How can I get it registered?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

Explorer Exe class not registered , unable to use start menue at all

computer boots ,start menu not usable at all, managed to update 4 important updates ,but it has not made any difference ,the windows button not performing at all after boot . thanks

Trent Warnock

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Explorer Exe class not registered , unable to use start menue at all

I'm having same issue.
For last two days,
Start Menu is not responding. Search box won't respond. Volume can't be accessed from task bar. Edge won't open (Error:"explorer.exe Class Not Registered" ). Task View won't open.
Explorer.exe is not in Task Manager at all.
Several Restarts have not resolved issue.
Windows 10
I'd give Service pack but I can't get to the Properties.

Fix This!

kimmievon

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: Explorer Exe class not registered , unable to use start menue at all

Did you have any luck finding a resolution? I'm experiencing the exact same issue(s). With all of the posts regarding this, i would hope at least one of the responses has an answer that would fix the issue.

JelleCa

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone

I've had the same problem and found a solution that worked for me. Type in Windows Key + R to open the run dialog window, then type in control to open the control panel. The choose "Software" and choose for "Show installed updates". If you then choose to remove the latest update(s) and reboot the computer, it should function normally again. This worked for me in Windows 10.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro