Why don't my Mail and Calendar apps launching?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Mail and Calendar app won't launch

Hi,

I have a weird issue. My mail and calendar app will not launch.

This started happening on Friday 7 August 2015 after the first cumulative update. I am on Windows 10 Home 64 bit. I have a Sony Vaio laptop and my installation is an upgrade from Windows 7 Home.

Out of all my apps it's only these 2. I click on the icon and nothing happens. It won't load and then fail, it just doesn't do anything. Another weird behavior I am noticing is that when I right click the icon for Mail or Calendar (it happens on both) the option to "pin to taskbar" has gone. Pin to start is there. This is the only app this happens on.

The other thing which is happening if in the Event Viewer under "Applications and Services Log/Microsoft/Windows/Apps/Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational" where app launching is logged.....instead of it saying:

The app microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe!microsoft.windowslive.mail was activated for the Windows.Launch contract successfully.

it says:

The app Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy!CortanaUI was activated for the Windows.Launch contract successfully.

I have tried WSRESET, and also "Get-AppxPackage *communi* | Remove-AppXPackage" reboot, and then reinstall Mail and Calendar app.

Any help would be so appreciated

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs