Why is my Lumia 830 charger making a hissing noise?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi

Bought my new Lumia 830 a week ago and noticed the charger is making a hissing noise. It's not high pitched, it's more like white noise.

I'm not sure if this is related but my phone gets a bit warm around the camera on the side where the micro USB is located when charging the phone with the charger.

Any ideas?

sharadh

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi

Bought my new Lumia 830 a week ago and noticed the charger is making a hissing noise. It's not high pitched, it's more like white noise.

I'm not sure if this is related but my phone gets a bit warm around the camera on the side where the micro USB is located when charging the phone with the charger.

Any ideas?
Same has been happening with my lumia 720 from the day i bought it...although i noticed it just a few months back as i thot the noise was coming from elsewhere(any other appliance nearby) till the day i realized that it was my phone all along. And i get the heating issue as well around my camera while charging even though the usb port is at the bottom. I guess its normal as i havent had any issues so far with my phone...but not sure about it...fingers crossed;)

RE-EM

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi

Bought my new Lumia 830 a week ago and noticed the charger (European/Swedish model) is making a hissing noise. It's not high pitched, it's more like white noise.

Any ideas?

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
now, i am not knowledgeable on electricity, but from previous experience, I tend to dump any noise making chargers after the last one zapped me through the plastic housing (official apple charger at work). Now I only use the provided charger in the car (built in AC-DC converter) but haven't heard any noise. as for the 830 getting warm, mine does to regardless of charger used. Even more when using Qi.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi

Bought my new Lumia 830 a week ago and noticed the charger (European/Swedish model) is making a hissing noise. It's not high pitched, it's more like white noise.

Any ideas?

Please also See below posts.
It's a know issue with the 830.
http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-830/341553-noise-when-wireless-charging.html

sharadh

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Does anybody have any ideas whether I should ask for a replacement? Could the charger have damaged the device in anyway?
In india we have a warranty period of 6 months for the accessories that come with your mobile like the charger or the headphones. So you can contact the store you bought it in and enquire about your problem.
Like i said, i noticed the problem a couple of months back and didnt pay much attention to it as my phone was functioning the way it should. I havent faced any problems yet. And i dont think you will either, but if you are still in doubt, just contact your store and ask them about it. Atleast you will have a peace of mind. Good luck:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon